By Adoga Michael Oyi
The Registrar, University of Calabar Chief Amb. Gabriel Odey Jammy Egbe was honoured with Chieftaincy title of the OYAME 1 OF EDEBIA KINGDOM, Yehe Yala Local Government Area.
The title of Oyame which means ‘one that has done well, can do and is still ready to do’ was conferred on him after careful reflection and evaluation of his selfless humanitarian and community development to Edebia, Yala and Cross River State as a whole.
Chief Amb. Egbe was once a political caucus leader in his ward and a two time chairmanship aspirant for Yala Local Government Council.
He is a lover of education and has encouraged so many Yala sons and daughters to embrace education.
Amb. Egbe is the founder and national chairman of CEDECOS, an NGO created to help the less privileged in the society. He is a Community Leader, and an Adviser to Yehe Youths Council. He is equally the Chairman, Ayi Yala community in UNICAL, Chairman, Northern Cross River Staff Forum and the immediate past chairman, Association of Nigeria university of Administrors UNICAL.
In partnership with the world bank, Chief Jammy Egbe facilitated rural electrification projects for two communities, namely, Okpenehi and Utuiji communities respectively. His dream has been to see all communities in yehe ward and Yala as a whole enjoy uninterrupted power supply.
Chief Egbe before his present position was the Deputy Registrar Academic division of the University of Calabar. He is currently the substantive Registrar of the University of Calabar.
The coronation of Chief Egbe as the Oyame 1 of Edebia was greeted with mammoth crowd as the paramount ruler of Yala and his council of chiefs, Youths, Yala women, Yala stakeholders, Friends and staff of the University of Calabar, and a host of other well wishers were present to celebrate with the Solomon of Yehe clan, as he is fondly called.
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021