All Progressives Congress (APC) in Edo State, there are feelers that Governor Godwin Obaseki may be disqualified from participating in the primaries by the screening committee set up by the national leadership of the party.
A credible source in the party said aside the mode of primaries which has become a subject of controversy, there is a likelihood that Obaseki may not scale the screening session of the APC which may scuttle his chances of becoming the party’s flag bearer in the September 19 governorship election.
According to him, the party said it is trying to prevent a reoccurrence of what happened in Bayelsa when the Supreme Court nullified the victory of David Lyon, the governor-elect, on the grounds that his running mate, Senator Biobarakumo Degi-Eremienyo, presented forged certificates to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
“The national chairman and his group want to use some lack of original certificates to disqualify Governor Godwin Obaseki at the screening.
“If they succeed, the implication is that the governor may not even participate in the primary, whether direct or indirect,” the source said.
“The Obaseki group are also spoiling for war. They will soon be releasing documents from when Oshiomhole was governor to nail him, how he was moving monies around.
“Already, they are circulating videos of all the negative things Oshiomhole said about Ize-Iyamu during the 2016 governorship election and how he is unfit to rule the state,” he said.
- Delta State Ministry of Technical Education Massive Recruitment Graduates
- Urgent Vacancies in Warri for Receptionist and Laundry Man
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst