It seems all over for Godwin Obaseki as the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC has just approved direct primaries for the mode of conduct for the forthcoming Edo APC primaries.
According to INEC, the political parties notified the body of the mode of conduct they adopted for their primaries.
INEC had earlier stated that it recognizes only the national leadership of political parties in the conduct of Governorship elections.
This endorsement or acceptance is not going down well at all with Governor Godwin Obaseki.
The embattled Governor is rattled that he would lose out in a direct primary contest.
The Governor is accused of treating his party members with disdain and unfortunately, the party members are the ones to vote.
Obaseki has consistently made spirited efforts to stop the party from holding a direct primary in the State.
From outright threat to use of force and intimidation Obaseki has openly displayed his opposition to the conduct of a direct primary in the State.
The courts have turned to his tourist destination as everyday Obaseki is jumping from one court to the other seeking a restraining order to stop the direct primaries from holding.
If Obaseki would consent to this arrangement is yet to be seen.
This is a developing story as more details to follow.
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021