The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has asked the All Progressives Congress, APC, to prepare for imminent defeat in the upcoming September 19 Governorship Election in Edo State.
A statement by the PDP’s National Publicity Secretary, Kola Ologbodiyan, on Thursday, said the APC and its candidate, Osazie Ize-Iyamu, cannot rig the election.
The spokesperson urged the APC to desist from fabricating reports for the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, to manipulate the outcome of the elections.
The PDP alleged that the APC was plotting to.
“use fabrications in a section of the media to arm-twist the Independent National Electoral Commission, to manipulate the Edo state governorship election for their rejected candidate, Osagie Ize-Iyamu”.
“In sponsoring fake reports that PDP leaders were putting pressure on INEC Chairman, Prof. Yakubu Mahmood, on the Edo election,
the APC has further exposed its hopelessness over their rejection by the Edo people and now seeks to blackmail the Commission.
“The APC, by now, should know that attempting to rig, by any way whatsoever will surely be met with stiff resistance and dire consequences from the people.”
The PDP spokesperson further said,
“Our party counsels the APC to blame nobody but themselves for having a discredited nomination process and being stuck with a blighted candidate,
who has now become a symbol of a direct affront by corrupt political godfathers and cabal to the will, ability and liberty of the people of Edo state to choose their own leader.”
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Kaduna State Ministry of Health Recruitment 2021