The Imo State Governor, Hope Uzodinma, has debunked rejecting the outcome of the just concluded Saturday, September 19 Edo Governorship election.
Incumbent Governor Godwin Obaseki of the Peoples Democratic Party had on Sunday defeated Osagie Ize-Iyamu, candidate of Uzodinma’s party, the All Progressives Congress.
The Imo governor, who is vice chairman of the APC National Campaign Council, was alleged to have said his party would “secure victory” at the Court, saying it was marred by irregularities.
But in a tweet sighted by correspondents on Monday, the Imo State government via its handle, distanced the governor from the said report, describing it as fake news.
According to the Imo state government, the report did not emanate from any of its official channels. It therefore advised the public against it.
“Watch out for this fake press release”, it said, while referring to the trending statement.
Every press release from @GovtOfImoState is communicated through official platforms across all social media channels of the government.
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line