Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo State on Monday held a virtual meeting with the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.).
The governor made this known after the meeting and likened his relationship with President Buhari as that of a son to a father.
Obaseki said he and the President engaged on development issues affecting the people of the state including the case management of the coronavirus pandemic.
“My relationship with President Muhammadu Buhari is that of a father and son. I was on a zoom meeting with the President, during which we engaged on development issues affecting Edo people and Nigerians. We also discussed measures to manage the spread of COVID-19,” he wrote on Facebook with some photos of the meeting.
The governor, who is seeking reelection on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, however, did not disclose whether the politics of the day was discussed with the President.
With about two months to the September 19 governorship election in Edo, the political atmosphere gets turbo-charged day after day.
Obaseki had dumped the All Progressives Congress following his disqualification from the party’s primary.
He would be facing Osagie Ize-Iyamu, the APC flagbearer, as well as other political juggernauts in Edo politics.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Abia State Government Recruitment 2021/2022 | How to Apply Online
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health