Police in Edo State have tendered unreserved apology to students of Ambrose Alli University (AAU), Ekpoma, for slapping the President of the Student Union Government (SUG), Osamagbe Eghobamien.
The apology followed a protest by students of the institution, during which they blocked the busy Benin/Auchi highway, took to streets of Ekpoma town and later sat in front of the Police station.
It was gathered that trouble started when some policemen attempted to arrest some students who reside off campus.
According to the source, some executives of the SUG who were present at the scene, attempted to intervene, and in the process, a policeman slapped the SUG president.
The protesting students demanded the prosecution of the erring police officer for assault.
The spokesman for the institution, Edward Aihevba, who confirmed the incident, said that the police have apologised to the students.
He disclosed that the SUG executives have also accepted the apology and traffic congestion has been eased.
He added that the campus was peaceful and no hitch in academic activities.
– PM News
- Nigerian Navy Reference Hospitals Housemanship / Internship Programme 2020 / 2021
- Recent Job Vacancies in a Reputable Manufacturing Company
- Sterling Bank Plc Job Recruitment 2021
- Current Employment Opportunities at Konga Nigeria
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company
- Job Opportunities at the African Development Bank Group
- Ongoing recruitment in a Fast Rising Agro-Chemical Company