The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) Thursday commenced the distribution of sensitive electoral materials to the 18 Local Government Areas (LGAs) of Edo State.
The materials which were housed at the Central Bank of Nigeria, (CBN), Benin City, began early afternoon with the farthest LGA.
Addressing reporters at the CBN premises, INEC’s head of voter education and publicity, Timidi Wariowei, said the exercise commenced with the farthest LGAs, adding that 11 LGs have so far been distributed.
“We started from Akoko-Edo, Etsako Central, Owan East and Owan West among others. Some have gone and others are completely loaded and are sorting out their security escort. Very soon materials will move to all the local governments,” he said.
He said from the LGs, the materials will move to Registration Areas Centres (RACs) and from the RACs they would move to the polling units and voting points on Saturday morning.
Wariowei said he was satisfied at the preparation by INEC, adding that the commission was fully ready for the elections on Saturday.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Abia State Government Recruitment 2021/2022 | How to Apply Online
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health