EFCC ARRAIGNS UNDERGRADUATE YAHOO BOYS FOR FRAUD
The Enugu Zonal Office of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, on Tuesday arraigned two suspected fraudsters, Nnamdi Madu (24) and Darlington Ifeakachi Nwali (24) sooner than Justice A. M Liman of the Federal High Court, Enugu.
They have been arraigned on a cummulative ten-count price of intent to defraud and possession of fraudulent paperwork, reverse to Section 6 of the Advance Fee Fraud and Other Fraud Related Offences Act 2006 and punishable under Section 1 (3) of the an identical Act.
The duo’s arraignment was sequel to their arrest on December 14th, 2018, as part of sequence of raids carried out by the zonal office by which numerous members of a syndicate of fraudsters working inside Enugu metropolis largely made up of University faculty college students and dropouts and residing flamboyantly above means no matter no identifiable strategy of livelihood have been rounded up.
Analysis carried out by the Commission on the pc techniques of the suspected fraudsters revealed certain incriminating paperwork meant to be used in swindling gullible foreigners. Some paperwork throughout the recovered pc techniques of the suspects have been titled “SPANISH HASTING WARD CAREY & CHAMBERS,” “CERTIFICATE OF INCORPORATION OF A PRIVATE COMPANY” “ AILEEN” meant to be despatched to their victims using fake or stolen identities.
Some completely different objects recovered from the suspects’ house embrace; different ATM enjoying playing cards,a toyota Venza with a National Association of Nigerian Student (NANS) plate amount, Toyota Avalon,four laptops,numerous cell telephones,substances suspected to be charms, monumental wraps of Cannabis Sativa (Indian Hemp) amongst others.
One of the defendants, who educated as a science lab technician and never too way back acquired a job at considered one of many educating hospitals in Enugu, was found to be the proprietor of a filling station in an outskirt of Enugu.
When their costs have been study to them, the defendants respectively pleaded not accountable to costs prompting their lawyer, Ndubuisi Nwaokporo to maneuver motion for bail of the defendants which was not opposed by Innocent Mbachie, the prosecution counsel.
They have been each granted bail on the subsequent conditions: N500,000 each and one surety each in like sum, sureties to have landed properties contained in the jurisdiction of the court docket and the properties’ paperwork must be verified by the registrar of the court docket.
The case has been adjourned to January 21, 2019, for trial, with the select ordering the defendants to be remanded in jail custody pending the perfection of their bail conditions.
JOBS RECOMMENDED 4 YOU
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services Limited
- Massive Recruitment at Oyo state civil service commission
- 2020 Massive Recruitment at The American University of Nigeria
- Ongoing Jobs Recruitment in a Reputable Plastic Manufacturing Company in Lagos
Subscribe to Wee Talk Naija via Email
From Wee Talk Naija
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s, they do not reflect the views of Wee Talk Naija. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
VIDEO OF THE MONTH: CORONA PALAVAR
MUST WATCH: AKPAN & ODUMA
- BREAKING!! Chief of Naval Staff, Ibok Ibas Given Seven Days To Explain ‘Unaccounted’ N11.5Million
- FULL LIST: Cross Youth Council Chairman Releases 34 New Appointments
- SAD NEWS: Nigeria’s First Female Combat Helicopter Pilot Dies At 23
- Ekureku Coronate A New king
- How To Apply: FG Officially Begins Recruitment Of 774,000 Nigerians
See more posts about
Share this post with your Friends on