The Sokoto zonal office of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has arrested four officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission in Zamfara State for alleged conspiracy, breach of trust and criminal diversion of ad hoc staff allowance to the tune of N84.6 million.
This was made known by EFCC spokesman, Wilson Uwujaren, in a statement issued to reporters on Tuesday.
According to him, those grilled include the Administrative Secretary, Hassan Aliyu, Head of Operations, Hussain Jafar, State Accountant, Abdullahi Abubakar and Abdulmumin Usman
Uwujaren said their arrest followed a petition by one Abdullahi Nasiru, who alleged that the ad hoc staff who worked for INEC during the 2019 presidential and gubernatorial elections in Zamfara State, were not paid their N6,000 movement allowance.
“Investigation by the EFCC revealed that none of the 10,500 presiding officers who participated in the elections were paid their entitlements put at N84, 696,000,” the statement said.
The anti-graft agency said efforts were being made to recover the money diverted by the three INEC heads of department and Electoral Officers of the 14 local governments in Zamfara.
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship Award List 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- International Medical Corps Job Recruitment ( NGO Jobs in Nigeria )
- Employment Opportunities in a Reputable Financial Institution