The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Enugu Zonal Office, on Thursday, December 20, 2018, intercepted $2.8million (Two Million, Eight Hundred Thousand United State Dollars), from two people, suspected to be money launderers, at Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu.
The suspects, particularly Ighoh Augustine and Ezekwe Emmanuel, allegedly working for an organization: Bankers Warehouse, have been nabbed based totally on intelligence report.
Upon their arrests, they’ve been caught with consignments of two suitcases, containing $1.4 million each, totalling $2.eight million, on the departure lounge of the airport whereas about to board an Arik Air night time flight to Lagos.
During interrogation, the suspects confessed that they have been throughout the enterprise of conveying cash for “some notable banks”, for over six years and have been throughout the strategy of doing equivalent for Union Bank Plc, located at New Market, Onitsha, Anambra State, as soon as they’ve been caught.
The suspects further confessed that they’d to date carried out such assignments, “four events this yr”.
They are presently giving useful data to operatives of the Commission, and shall be charged to court docket rapidly.
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager