The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Sokoto Zonal Office, has arrested Abdullahi Sa’idu, Director-General of Sokoto Marshal Agency and Bashar Dodo-Iya, an accountant with the agency for alleged diversion of N10 million meant for payment of workers’ salaries.
The duo, it was learnt were members of the payment committee of Sokoto Marshal Corps.
Their arrest reportedly followed a petition jointly signed and presented to the commission by 39 members of the agency, alleging that their three months salaries were withheld without any reason.
EFCC spokesman, Wilson Uwujaren said this in a statement in Abuja on Saturday.
Uwujaren added, “They further alleged that the suspects refused to pay their salaries and had diverted the money for their personal use.
“Preliminary investigation confirms the alleged diversion of the said sum by the suspects. They will be charged to court as soon as investigation is concluded”.
- Lagos State Ministry of Health Recruitment For Graduates
- Air Peace Recruitment 2021 for Passenger Service Executive recruitment
- Insurance Advisor at Leadway Assurance Company Limited
- Senior Sales Engineer in an Indigenous Engineering and Construction Services Company
- Sales Executive (Foods and Beverage) at Willers Solutions Limited
- Procurement and Logistics Officer at FHI 360
- Recent Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company