The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Benin Zonal Office has identified four properties for investigation as alleged proceeds of crime from two suspected fraudsters.
The suspects are Godspower Eleadi and Ohwerhi Ahmed said to be ‘pickers’, who allegedly specialise in receiving money on behalf of internet fraudsters.
The properties are a hotel, 2 completed houses and a building under construction.
EFCC spokesman, Wilson Uwujaren who disclosed this in a statement in Abuja added that the Commission also recovered four exotic cars from Eleadi and his accomplice, Ahmed who is currently on the run.
Eleadi, according to EFCC was arrested in his hideout in Sapele by operatives of the Commission.
Further, Uwujaren explained, “Eleadi modus operandi is to send his account details to would be victims of internet fraudsters to transfer their funds. Sometimes, he also solicit for buyers of foreign currency whose account he forward to would be victims of internet fraudsters. Once the victim transfers the money to them, he receives the naira equivalent from them, take his percentage and forward the balance to the internet fraudsters.
“The suspect who has made useful statement, will be charged to court as soon as investigation is completed”.
- Ending Soon : Federal Ministry of Environment Job Recruitment 2021
- Massive Recruitment at The World Health Organization
- Nigerian Navy Reference Hospitals Housemanship / Internship Programme 2020 / 2021
- Recent Job Vacancies in a Reputable Manufacturing Company
- Sterling Bank Plc Job Recruitment 2021
- Current Employment Opportunities at Konga Nigeria
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company