A hotel, 2 completed houses and a building under construction which are believed to be proceeds of crime by two suspected fraudsters, Godspower Eleadi and Ohwerhi Ahmed have been sealed by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Benin Zonal Office.
The suspects were described as ‘pickers’ as they specialise in receiving money on behalf of internet fraudsters. Ahmed is said to be on the run while Eleadi was arrested at his hideout in Sapele by operatives of the Commission. The arrested suspect has made useful confessions and will soon be charged to court.
EFCC’s statement read;
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Benin Zonal Office has identified four properties for investigation as alleged proceeds of crime from two suspected fraudsters, Godspower Eleadi and Ohwerhi Ahmed, who are ‘pickers’ as they specialise in receiving money on behalf of internet fraudsters.
The properties are a hotel, 2 completed houses and a building under construction. The Commission also recovered four exotic cars from Eleadi and his accomplice, Ahmed who is currently on the run.
Eleadi was arrested in his hideout in Sapele by operatives of the Commission.
Eleadi modus operandi is to send his account details to would be victims of internet fraudsters to transfer their funds. Sometimes, he also solicit for buyers of foreign currency whose account he forward to would be victims of internet fraudsters. Once the victim transfers the money to them, he receives the naira equivalent from them, take his percentage and forward the balance to the internet fraudsters.
The suspect who has made useful statement, will be charged to court as soon as investigation is completed.
Here are more photos below;
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )