APPEAL FOR CALM AT MKPANI
My heart bled today as I heard of the rift between two villages of Mkpani in the Yakurr Local Government, being part of my constituency.
Information reaching me is that up to 10 people have died so far, as a result of the clash over chieftaincy seat.
I am really disturbed by this piece of news. I feel for victims of this clash. My heart goes to the bereaved families. But it is shameful that we tend to value mundane things like chieftaincy stool than human lives.
As representative of the Mkpani people in the National Assembly, I am pleading with the warring villages to sheath their sword and allow peace to reign.
There is nothing in this life that can be exchanged for the life of a single individual. These barbaric lifestyles must stop.
To kill one another because of a chieftaincy seat or any other thing for that matter cannot be a solution to any problem. Life, once taken, cannot be brought back. Please let the killings stop.
I am urging security operatives in the state to be on top of their game at this point. Everything must be done to ensure an end to this malaise. All those found to be responsible for this hooliganism must be apprehended and made to face the wrath of the law. Enough of bloodshed in our land.
Hon. Alex Egbona, PhD.
Rep, Abi/Yakurr Federal Constituency
Cross River State
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship Award List 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- International Medical Corps Job Recruitment ( NGO Jobs in Nigeria )
- Employment Opportunities in a Reputable Financial Institution