Ekiti State House of Assembly, on Thursday, impeached its deputy speaker, Segun Adewumi, who represents Ekiti West Constituency 1, on flooring of gross misconduct and insubordination.
The Chairman, House Committee on Business, Gboyega Aribisagan, beneath Matters of Public Importance, moved for the impeachment which was seconded by Sunday Akinniyi (Ikere-Ekiti 11) at plenary on Thursday.
The Speaker, Adeniran Alagbada, immediately swore-in Posi Omodara (Irepodun/Ifelodun) because the model new deputy speaker after the duo of Olarewaju Olayanju and Cecilia Dada had nominated and seconded his nomination respectively.
Other enterprise of the day embody the passage of 2019 N129.9 billion Appropriation Bill by the house.
The lawmakers unanimously handed the bill following the adoption of the report of dwelling Committee on Finance and Appropriation launched by the chairman Badejo Anifowose.
The Speaker assured the state residents that the funds, if finally assented to by the governor, would restore hope inside the society.
“I can assure the people of the state that the governor means well for the state and he is ready to bring hope,” he acknowledged.
He thanked the governor for getting ready a workable appropriation, contained in the shortest interval his preserve in office.
NAN moreover research that the speaker moreover organize an Ad hoc committee, headed by Sunday Akinniyi, for the consideration of some members suspended by the house.
The dwelling later adjourned plenary to Tuesday, January 22.
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021