An Ado Ekiti Magistrate Court has imposed a fine of forty thousand naira on one Vincent Ikechukwu for failure to use a face mask which has become mandatory in the state since the wake of COVID 19 Pandemic.
The offender who is the first to face such penalty will also engage in community labour for three days in addition to the fine.
Magistrate B.A Oluwasanmi in the judgement highlights the threat to existence, caused by the COVID 19 Pandemic, and why it is a serious crime to flout the law put in place to ensure safety for all.
Over a hundred violators including clergymen have been given various punishments in Ekiti State for violation of government orders meant to check the spread of COVID 19.
The State government had last week released a fresh guideline to regulate movement and activities during the pandemic season as Governor, Kayode Fayemi warned that violators will be arrested and prosecuted according to the framework developed by the State Ministry of Justice.
- Ahmadu Bello University Zaria Recruitment 2020 / 2021
- Ongoing Job recruitment in a Microfinance Bank in Enugu State
- Latest Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc
- Latest Job Opportunities at Royal Mifadelo Global Foundation
- Ongoing Job Recruitment in a Community Pharmacy based in Lagos (Pearldrops Healthcare Staffing