By Idaka Kelvin, Calabar
Akarefore, the ancestral home of the Ekureku was full to capacity, with not just mere dignitaries, but the cream- de-cream of the Ekureku race, as he crowned HRH Eval. Adaka Bernard E, as the new king of Ekureku after HRHEval Awase Moses.
Prior to his coronation, , Eval Adaka Bernard has proceeded to the shrine known as Avemele for traditional rites during which he was blessed by the chief priest. He was conveyed to the shrines by chariot and escorted by the Lewo, after which he thread the path of his predecessors by dancing to the traditional Edele’s steps.
The new Eval then returned to the palace, where the process peaked, as the council of Chiefs with the assistance of palace chiefs crowned him and was presented staff of office, amidst the dignitaries.
Ekureku people described the new Eval as worthy of the throne, saying his humanitarian gesture is second to none. The people described Ekureku race as a sophisticated one, hence, the people would not just pick anyone for the throne but someone who can promote unity among the people/race..
There charged, saying the Eval has always championing the promotion of Ekureku cultural heritage and tradition. They also tasked Ekureku monarchs on the need to be more united and to always be advocate of peace in the land.
Traditional rulers across also add colour to the occasion.
- Urgent Vacancies in Warri for Receptionist and Laundry Man
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited