El-Rufai Asks All Political Appointees To Submit their letters of resignation
The governor of Kaduna state, northern Nigeria, Nasir El-Rufai, has directed all political appointees to submit their letters of resignation on or before April 30, 2019.
weetalknaija.com.ng reports that the governor sacked his appointees in a statement issued on Tuesday by his spokesman, Samuel Aruwan.
The statement said each notice of resignation must be submitted along with a handover note, signed by the political appointee on behalf of the ministries, departments and agencies or office to which he or she had been appointed.
In addition, all resignation letters should be properly addressed to the principal private secretary.
Aruwan said the governor expressed his gratitude to all the political appointees for their contributions and service to the state during his first term.
The statement said: “The governor will exercise his constitutional prerogative to decide on re-appointments while giving the state ministry of finance adequate time to compute severance payments and reconcile any liabilities.
“As he constitutes the team that will assist him in his second term, the governor said he expects the process to be enriched by the handover notes from the political appointees, and the report of the Transition Committee headed by the Deputy Governor-elect, Dr Hadiza Sabuwa Balarabe.
“The following appointees are expected to comply with the directive: All Commissioners in the State Executive Council, All Permanent Secretaries, Special Advisers, Directors-General, Executive Secretaries, Managing Directors, General Managers and other Heads of Agencies, Senior Special Assistants, Special Assistants and Technical Assistants to the Governor, other than the Kashim Ibrahim Fellows.
“Excluded from compliance with this directive are full-time Commissioners of certain State Executive bodies who retain their tenured appointments in the following agencies: Fiscal Responsibility Commission; Civil Service Commission; Judicial Service Commission; Assembly Service Commission; The State Independent Electoral Commission (SIECOM); The Peace Commission; Public Procurement Authority, and Water Regulatory Authority.
“Due to recent adjustments in roles within the government, the occupants of and recent appointees into the following offices are also exempted from the directive to resign: Commissioner of Finance; Principal Private Secretary; Accountant-General; Special Adviser; Intergovernmental Relations Managing Director; Kaduna Markets Development Company; Managing Director, Kaduna Investment and Finance Company, and any other political appointee sworn-in or appointed to their current role within the last six months,” the statement read.
Meanwhile, Governor El-Rufai was declared the winner of March 9 governorship election in the state, having polled 1,045,427 votes to defeat Isa Ashiru of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), who had 814,168 votes.
JOBS RECOMMENDED 4 YOU
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services Limited
- Massive Recruitment at Oyo state civil service commission
- 2020 Massive Recruitment at The American University of Nigeria
- Ongoing Jobs Recruitment in a Reputable Plastic Manufacturing Company in Lagos
Subscribe to Wee Talk Naija via Email
From Wee Talk Naija
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s, they do not reflect the views of Wee Talk Naija. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
VIDEO OF THE MONTH: CORONA PALAVAR
MUST WATCH: AKPAN & ODUMA
- SAD NEWS: Nigeria’s First Female Combat Helicopter Pilot Dies At 23
- Ekureku Coronate A New king
- How To Apply: FG Officially Begins Recruitment Of 774,000 Nigerians
- N700m Fraud: Court Adjourns Ize-Iyamu’s Case To October 15
- Big Brother Naija Season 5: Winner To Get N30Million Cash Prize, Home And SUV
See more posts about
Share this post with your Friends on