Election Tribunal : Usani, Owan Drags Ayade To Court
The Cross River State Governorship Tribunal sitting in Calabar on Wednesday granted Senator John Owan-Enoh and Pastor Usani Usani separate orders for substituted service on Governor Ben Ayade, who received the Cross River State gubernatorial election on March 9 on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)
Owan Enoh, a serving senator representing the central district of the state and Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Usani, had been in a tricky battle over who’s the governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) within the state.
Both had filed separate petitions, difficult Ayade, the incumbent governor, the PDP and the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), over the result of the election.
Owan-Enoh in a go well with with quantity EPT/CAL/GOV/01/2019 had dragged Ayade and INEC, first and second respondents respectively, to court. Also Usani in one other case with quantity EPT/CAL/02/2019 had additionally dragged INEC, Ayade and the PDP as first second and third respondents respectively
In court on Wednesday Counsel to Owan-Enoh, M. O. Inyang, who held transient for Awa Kalu, in a movement exparte software for listening to, sought an order searching for substituted service on the primary respondent (Ayade).
In a movement exparte dated April 8, 2019 and filed on April 9, Inyang mentioned there are 4 grounds for the appliance, however the paramount was the truth that the bailiff of the court had made fervent efforts to service Ayade personally to no avail.
The software was supported by a three-paragraph affidavit, an exhibit, which was the affidavit of non-service, in addition to a written deal with in assist of the appliance.
Chairman of the three-man governorship panel, Justice Josiah Majebi, mentioned the appliance had benefit and granted that Ayade could be served by pasting the discover of service on the wall of the PDP State secretariat alongside Murtala Mohammed Highway.
In the second matter filed by Usani, his lawyer, Henrie Ituen, additionally in a movement exparte dated and filed on April 9, 2019 sought an order to serve the second respondent, Ayade, although substituted means by pasting it on the governor’s workplace in Diamond Hill.
Attached to it additionally was an eight-paragraph affidavit, exhibit (affidavit of non service and a written software.
This was additionally granted.
JOBS RECOMMENDED 4 YOU
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services Limited
- Massive Recruitment at Oyo state civil service commission
- 2020 Massive Recruitment at The American University of Nigeria
- Ongoing Jobs Recruitment in a Reputable Plastic Manufacturing Company in Lagos
Subscribe to Wee Talk Naija via Email
From Wee Talk Naija
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s, they do not reflect the views of Wee Talk Naija. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
VIDEO OF THE MONTH: CORONA PALAVAR
MUST WATCH: AKPAN & ODUMA
- JUST IN!! 356 Soldiers Tender Resignation To Buratai, Cite Loss Of Interest
- BREAKING!! Nigeria To Go On Total Lockdown Till November 2020 (Read Details)
- Detain Magu For 28 Days — Fayose Tells Presidential Panel
- Apply Now: Nigeria Police Begins Recruitment
- SHOCKING!! Hushpuppi Was A Gay, Had Male Intercourse With Woodberry – Kemi (Photo)
See more posts about
Share this post with your Friends on