A 59-year-old man parading himself as a retired Assistant Inspector-General of Police at a monetary establishment in Kubwa house of Abuja has been arrested.
The suspect, who was acknowledged as Olawale Olatunji was arrested with 11 ATM taking part in playing cards and 10 cheque books of varied banks, which he claimed belonged to him.
Parading the suspect in Abuja on Wednesday, the FCT Commissioner of Police, Bala Ciroma, acknowledged that Olatunji had posed as an AIG to defraud unsuspecting members of most of the people by promising to assist them in getting contracts on the Police Airwing division.
He talked about, “On December 10, 2018, Police operatives from the Command arrested Olatunji who has been parading himself as a retired AIG.
“The suspect had beneath the an identical pretext defrauded unsuspecting members of most of the people by offering to help them protected contracts on the Police Air Wing.
“In the course of the investigation, fake Police Air Wing receipts, fake contract documents, 11 ATM cards, 10 checkbooks and letter headed papers of different companies were recovered from him as exhibits.”
He, however, admitted possession of the shows along with the fake Police Air Wing receipts, nevertheless he denied defrauding people.
“A pastor introduced me to someone as a retired AIG, but I didn’t defraud anyone. The ATM cards and checkbooks were for my bank accounts which were opened for my business with different companies,” he acknowledged.
- Nigerian Navy Reference Hospitals Housemanship / Internship Programme 2020 / 2021
- Recent Job Vacancies in a Reputable Manufacturing Company
- Sterling Bank Plc Job Recruitment 2021
- Current Employment Opportunities at Konga Nigeria
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company
- Job Opportunities at the African Development Bank Group
- Ongoing recruitment in a Fast Rising Agro-Chemical Company