The lawyer defending the #EndSARS protesters against the Army counterpart has said that he and his team mates are at the verge of putting CNN report into consideration, so as to tender before the court of law.
Mr Adeyinka Olumide-Fusika (SAN) told the media when asked that they are preparing to reappear at the Lagos State Judicial Panel with the Cable News Network’s report of how the protesters were allegedly shot on the night of October 20 at the Lekki tollgate.
Prior to the time, CNN released a story investigated immediately after the incident. In the story, CNN reported “how a bloody night of bullets and brutality quashed a young protest movement in Nigeria” thereby vindicating the brutal killing of the peaceful protesters by the Nigerian Army
Although the Nigerian Army denied and said the troops only fired blank bullets in the air, CNN maintained with evidences that the Nigerian Army fired and killed some of the protesters at the scene.
Mr Olumide-Fusika also added that evidences from the victims, who suffered the injuries of the gunshots and are still alive, showed that there were no blank shots that could have killed protesters or injured them at the scene.
He therefore assured the press that they are tendering CNN report to the panel since Nigeria Army were only able to present the report from British Broadcasting Corporation.
Earlier, he had questioned the reason the witness for the Nigerian Army, Brigadier General Ahmed Taiwo, has brought only BBC report without considering other reports. He added that since the news corporation favourably reported the story, it had to be only considered by the Nigerian Army as the only report worthy of presenting to the panel.
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021