Arsenal legend, Ian Wright, has identified one problem Everton star, Alex Iwobi had during his time at Emirates.
According to Wright, the constant criticism from the Gunners fans affected Iwobi’s performances during his time at Arsenal.
He, however, said that the North London club did good for selling the Super Eagles star to Everton.
DAILY POST reports that Iwobi became the most expensive player of Nigerian descent in history following his summer transfer deadline move from Arsenal to Everton in a deal worth £40million.
Speaking just before the start of Everton’s Premier League clash against Bournemouth on Sunday, Wright told BBC Sport: ”I am delighted for him [Iwobi], you know I’ve watched him from a young age at Arsenal coming through the Academy.
”The problem he had at Arsenal is that I don’t think the fans would have given him the kind of support that he would now get from Everton because he’ll play a few games and then have a couple of mistakes in games and the fans totally turn against him. I just think it was getting toxic for him.
”For them to get that kind of money for him, he’s about the only one Arsenal could have sold and got that kind of profit on and I think it worked out best for both parties”.
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )