Former Manchester United defender, Gary Neville, slammed Fred during the team’s 1-1 draw with Arsenal at Old Trafford on Monday evening.
The Brazil midfielder has struggled to make an impact, since his £52million move from Shakhtar Donetsk last year.
Fred came on as a second-half substitute, but was unable to make a difference, as Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang cancelled out Scott McTominay’s opener
Asked if Fred can play a part in Solskjaer’s project at United, Neville said during his commentary on Sky Sports: “I’m not sure, I’m not sure.
“I’ve not seen anything of him in the 12 months he’s been here to justify the price tag.
“I think there’s been flashes. I thought he played a really good game away to Paris Saint-Germain in the Champions League when Manchester United had that wonderful night.
“He looks like he takes the ball, he’s tidy on it. But I don’t see a goalscorer, I don’t see a defensive-midfield player, I don’t see a runner.
“So I’m not quite sure what I see.
“Essentially for £60 million you’d like him to fit into one of those categories.
“The thing is when you sign someone for £60m you expect them to be really good. They impress you, show you something.”
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship Award List 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- International Medical Corps Job Recruitment ( NGO Jobs in Nigeria )
- Employment Opportunities in a Reputable Financial Institution