Super Eagles midfielder, Alex Iwobi, has given details as to how his move from Arsenal to Everton happened.
Iwobi left the Emirates this summer, in a deal worth more than £35million.
“It’s so far, so good, I feel like I’ve got a new home and I’m really comfortable here.
“I got a few phone calls [about the deal] and spoke to my agent – it took about a day of talking to the manager and talking to Marcel Brands. It wasn’t really hard and I got convinced,” Iwobi said on Sky Sports’ programme Soccer Saturday.
Iwobi, however, admitted that while he was on holidays, he never thought about departing the north London side.
“I was very comfortable [at Arsenal] and I was on holiday so I didn’t think about any move.
“I got the call and thought about if this would be a better chance for me to improve myself as a player.
“I thought that this was a big opportunity and I shouldn’t turn it down. I’ve got no regrets about the decision.
“The ambition that Marco Silva has also persuaded me to come – the drive, what he wants to achieve and the way he saw me in his plans, I feel like I’m able to help him do that.
“Even in training, he’s always demanding, always trying to get the best out of us and it’s good for the team,” Iwobi added.
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line
- Customer Success Executive at Interswitch Group