Chelsea boss, Frank Lampard, has identified 21-year-old star, Fikayo Tomori, as the Blues’ number one defender this season.
Lampard said this on Friday ahead of Chelsea’s Premier League clash against Brighton on Saturday at Stamford Bridge.
According to him, Tomori has been impressive for Chelsea so far this season.
”I know Arsenal for a long time have played young players in some competitions. I only want to speak to ourselves, you can’t walk away from a transfer ban,” Lampard told reporters at his pre-match press conference.
”There is competition in there, Tomori is now number one or two as it stands. He is really playing well. Age isn’t a huge story.”
Tomori has started each of the last three games for Chelsea in the Premier League, scoring once against Wolves.
He was brought into Chelsea’s first-team squad this campaign after spending time on loan at Brighton, Hull City and Derby County in previous seasons.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Abia State Government Recruitment 2021/2022 | How to Apply Online
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health