Chelsea manager, Frank Lampard, has confirmed Jorginho has replaced Ross Barkley, as the team’s primary penalty taker, following Saturday’s win over Brighton.
Barkley missed a crucial spot kick against Valencia 10 days ago, spurning the opportunity to earn a point for his side on matchday one of the Champions League.
Lampard at the time, insisted the England midfielder was right to take on the responsibility given he was, at the time, the designated man for the job.
After a goalless first half against Brighton, it was Jorginho who stepped up following a foul on Mason Mount three minutes after the re-start, to make it 1-0.
Asked whether Jorginho was now top of his penalty pecking order, Lampard told reporters: “Yes he is, end of story. He is one of the leaders.
“We needed the win. We haven’t had a 90 minute game where we’ve controlled it enough.
“The only disappointment is we didn’t have more goals. A clean sheet as well. It is good for the confidence of everyone.
“We had a lot of shots first half. But weak finishing and a bit of bad luck. You do start to wonder but you have to remain confident it will come and it did.”
- Lagos State Ministry of Health Recruitment For Graduates
- Air Peace Recruitment 2021 for Passenger Service Executive recruitment
- Insurance Advisor at Leadway Assurance Company Limited
- Senior Sales Engineer in an Indigenous Engineering and Construction Services Company
- Sales Executive (Foods and Beverage) at Willers Solutions Limited
- Procurement and Logistics Officer at FHI 360
- Recent Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company