Former Arsenal defender, Martin Keown, has blamed centre-back, David Luiz following his performance in the Gunners’ Premier League 2-2 draw against Watford on Sunday.
Keown blamed Luiz for unable to defend in a one-on-one situation during the encounter.
Second half errors by Sokratis and David Luiz cost Arsenal, after Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s early brace, was cancelled out.
Tom Cleverley pulled one back before Robert Pereyra equalized from the spot.
Speaking on Match of the Day 2, Keown said: “It’s unbelievable.
“Arsenal are 2-1 up but they seem to be in a desperate mode to try and attack. Manage the game. There are five bodies in the box as Arsenal tried to get a third.
“It was really open, from one end to the other. The Arsenal defence don’t come up to the problem.
“They melt away and drop and get ever closer to their penalty box. And David Luiz in a one-on-one situation just cannot defend, that’s the end of, and they know that too.
“He draws the foul and that’s the penalty. Arsenal throwing away vital points here. You’ve got to adjust. That’s work on the training ground. That’s shocking to see.”
Arsenal will now take on Aston Villa in their next Premier League fixture on September 22.
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement