Christian Pulisic says Chelsea manager, Frank Lampard, has told him he must improve in training, if he is to win back a place in the starting XI.
After starting in the 7-1 midweek Carabao Cup victory over Grimsby Town, Pulisic was again an unused substitute against Brighton on Saturday.
It was the third consecutive time that has happened in the Premier League.
Chelsea comfortably won 2-0, but Pulisic admitted he was ‘frustrated’ afterwards.
He told Pro Soccer Talk: “He (Lampard) said to keep working and I have to improve myself in training and try to get back in the line-up.”
Pulisic experienced a similar situation at Borussia Dortmund when Jadon Sancho first broke onto the scene, taking his place in the side, and believes he can draw on that experience.
“In the end I got minutes again and I played well towards the end of the season, so I just have to get my head down and get to work.
“It is not going to be easy here, but it was never going to be easy,” the American added.
- Landmark University Recruitment 2021 & Jobs Vacancies (5 Positions)
- Management Trainee at Integrated Dairies Limited (IDL)
- Graduate Trainee at Integrated Dairies Limited (IDL)
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- NGO Jobs in Nigeria for Finance Manager at FHI 360