Arsenal manager, Unai Emery, has said Watford, “pushed for our mistakes”, as his team squandered a two-goal lead to draw 2-2 at Vicarage Road on Sunday.
Second half errors by Sokratis and David Luiz cost Arsenal, after Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s early brace was cancelled out.
Tom Cleverley pulled one back, before Robert Pereyra equalized from the spot.
“They pushed us, Watford last year played like today. We were up in the first half and we knew that we needed to score the third. They had the capacity to come back with the supporters and that’s what happened.
“We couldn’t break their pressing in the second half. They are physical, a very strong team. They pushed for our mistakes, they were playing for our mistakes.
“When you are trying to break their lines you can have chances. They won the second half and my summary is it is not a good point.
“We need to continue working. When we tried to play the long ball we lost the ball as well,” Emery told BBC Sport.
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship Award List 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- International Medical Corps Job Recruitment ( NGO Jobs in Nigeria )
- Employment Opportunities in a Reputable Financial Institution