Nemanja Vidic has revealed that Manchester City striker, Sergio Aguero, was the toughest opponent he faced while at Manchester United.
The Serbian also admitted a 4-1 defeat to City, was his worst game for the Red Devils.
Vidic enjoyed a glittering career at Old Trafford after joining from Spartak Moscow in 2006, making a total of 300 appearances for the club where he lifted five Premier League titles, three League Cups and a Champions League trophy.
But the 37-year-old has spoken of his displeasure in coming up against Aguero in September 2013.
Speaking to The Athletic, Vidic said: “I played against Aguero when they beat us 4-1 in the Moyes season.
“He (Aguero) looks like he’s not interested in football on the pitch. He doesn’t look like a guy who will run 10 metres and then — bang — he makes the sprint.
“I’m convinced that Aguero was born as a defender. He knows where the ball will come and where he can attack. But in the box, he has a low centre of gravity, which helps him change direction quickly — especially against the big English defenders.
“That was my worst game for United. I know I’m supposed to choose those two final defeats to and they were horrible to lose. That one in Rome, and Wembley was even tougher.”
- Nigerian Navy Reference Hospitals Housemanship / Internship Programme 2020 / 2021
- Recent Job Vacancies in a Reputable Manufacturing Company
- Sterling Bank Plc Job Recruitment 2021
- Current Employment Opportunities at Konga Nigeria
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company
- Job Opportunities at the African Development Bank Group
- Ongoing recruitment in a Fast Rising Agro-Chemical Company