Manchester United’s executive vice-chairman, Ed Woodward, has backed manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, to return success to Old Trafford and called for “patience” after a disappointing start to the season.
United are eighth in the Premier League table, having lost 10 of their last 19 games in all competitions, dating back to last season.
Woodward, speaking as United announced their latest financial results on Tuesday, was full of support for Solskjaer, who was handed a three-year contract in March.
“We and our growing global fanbase demand success.
“Success means winning trophies.
“That target and that standard has never changed for Manchester United. The progress we have made on the business side underpins the continued investment in the football side. “Much of the progress made around that investment, in the academy, the recruitment department and the training facilities is behind the scenes and therefore not immediately apparent to those on the outside looking in.
“We’ve expanded our recruitment department in recent years to increase its efficiency and productivity. Many of the senior staff in these roles have been at the club for over 10 years. Recruitment recommendations and decisions are made by this department, the manager and his team.
“These investments, together with the commitment we made to Ole and his coaching staff in March has given us the building blocks for success. While we are confident this investment will deliver results, it is important we are patient while Ole and his team build for the future.
“We will continue to focus on the long-term strategy and won’t be influenced by short-term distractions,” Woodward said.
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship Award List 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- International Medical Corps Job Recruitment ( NGO Jobs in Nigeria )
- Employment Opportunities in a Reputable Financial Institution