Former Arsenal defender, Martin Keown, has criticised Manchester United midfielder, Fred following the Red Devils’ 1-0 defeat to Newcastle United in the Premier League on Sunday.
Keown said that Fred is ‘becoming a joke’ at the club, adding that the Brazilian international lacked creativity in the midfield against Newcastle.
Matty Longstaff scored the only goal of the encounter in the second-half to give Newcastle all three points against Solskjaer’s men at St James’ Park.
“They’re so inept in possession. Fred, it’s almost becoming a joke when he gets the ball. I know it’s good closing down but you’ve got to be able to control it and pass,” said Keown on Match of the Day.
“If that’s the central midfield then there’s not going to be anything created.
“They started playing balls long into [Marcus] Rashford and I feel sorry for him because he’s surviving on scraps. But he should do better.
“Look at his body language… I think he’s starting to despair with what’s around him.”
Keown added: “You start to look at where the system is… where’s the intensity? I think the belief is ebbing away and this could be the beginning of the end for this manager.
“I don’t want to see a former player come in and leave the job but there has to be a spark, there has to be a reaction and it seems to just be spiralling out of control. This is a really poor result.”
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement