Former Liverpool striker, Michael Owen, has said Fred and Marcos Rojo will only get into Manchester United’s team this season, if at least two or three players get injured.
Owen was speaking on BT Sport, following the Red Devils’ 1-0 opening Europa League group game over Astana.
Fred played the full 90 minutes, as United laboured to a narrow victory, thanks to a first senior goal for 17-year-old Mason Greenwood.
Following the match, Owen focused upon Fred and fellow South American Marcos Rojo, who was also making his first appearance of the season.
“They’re just squad players,” said Owen of Fred and Rojo.
“It’s gonna take two or three injuries for these types of players to get in the first team.
“Fred, probably the closest. They’re not going to play in any of the meaningful games, put it that way.
“You sink or swim. You either have to get yourself up to that level or you’re gonna be sat as a squad player.”
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )