Manchester United manager, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has disclosed that Paul Pogba, Anthony Martial, Luke Shaw and Daniel James will not feature for the Red Devils in their UEFA Europa League opener against Astana on Thursday at Old Trafford.
Solskjaer’s men head to the game following a 1-0 victory over Leicester City in the Premier League last weekend.
“We still have a few players out,” Solskjaer told MUTV.
“Jesse is back, which is great. He had a bad time when he was with England but, hopefully, we’ll get him on the pitch to try to kickstart his season again.
”The youngsters are raring to go. They all want to play. But I don’t think we’ll see Paul or Anthony, I’m sure we won’t see them. Luke is not ready yet. Dan is touch and go. He missed training today and [his recovery] might be longer than expected but hopefully [he’ll be back for] the weekend.”
“Diogo is back,” Solskjaer added. “He’s been training for a little while now but we needed assurances before we threw him in. We probably could have had him on the bench against Leicester last time, but now he’s ready.
”I think it’s a chance for me to use the squad and give some minutes, of course, to some of the young players. We all know, if they take a chance, it might be the start of something big. Hopefully, we can see the young kids go out and enjoy themselves.
“We don’t know too much about Astana but they’re the second seeds in the group. They’ve always been really good at home, but struggled a bit away from home, so hopefully we’ll make their start to these group stages difficult.”
The kick-off time for the match is 8pm.
- Ending Soon : Federal Ministry of Environment Job Recruitment 2021
- Massive Recruitment at The World Health Organization
- Nigerian Navy Reference Hospitals Housemanship / Internship Programme 2020 / 2021
- Recent Job Vacancies in a Reputable Manufacturing Company
- Sterling Bank Plc Job Recruitment 2021
- Current Employment Opportunities at Konga Nigeria
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company