Former Minister of Women Affairs, Jummai Alhassan, popularly known as Mama Taraba, has decamped to the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, from United Democratic party (UDP).
Alhassan, who contested the governorship election on the platform of UDP during the 2019 general elections in Taraba State, made the decision during a stakeholders meeting of UDP in Jalingo, Daily Trust reports.
Giving her reason, Alhassan said her defection to PDP was based on the outcome of the opinion poll during stakeholders meeting.
According to her, she had no option than to go by the decision of the majority members of UDP and decamp to PDP.
The stakeholders meeting, held at the former Minister’s Jalingo residence.
It was attended by representatives of UDP members from 168 wards across the 16 local government areas of the state.
DAILY POST recalls that Alhassan in a letter sent to the President dated Saturday, 29 September, 2018, the former Minister quit Buhari’s government.
She thanked President Buhari for the opportunity to serve.
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship Award List 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- International Medical Corps Job Recruitment ( NGO Jobs in Nigeria )
- Employment Opportunities in a Reputable Financial Institution