European Commission President, Ursula von der Leyen has said that a vaccine against Coronavirus (COVID-19) could be ready by the end of this year.
She said two of the most promising research teams are based in Europe.
Von der Leyen told the German Sunday newspaper, Bild am Sonntag that, “I hope they develop a vaccine towards the end of the year,” the EU politician asserted, noting that there are plans to start clinical tests soon.
The newspaper reported that for a swift vaccination campaign, the EU was already talking to manufacturers about global production capacities, von der Leyen added.
Ursula said she believes that schools and daycare centres could re-open earlier, “Children and adolescents will have more freedom of movement sooner than old people and people with previous illnesses.”
Meanwhile, the global death toll from Coronavirus has surpassed 100,000.
The figure which was released by Johns Hopkins University, said there are nearly *1.7 million cases* with more than *370,000* recoveries.
- Access Bank Plc Recruitment for Dutch Desk Manager
- National Marketing Manager at an FMCG Company – Nationwide
- Customer Service Representative / Operations Coordinator / Sorting Officer at Speedaf
- Financial Officer (NYSC) at Kadick Integrated Limited
- Production Supervisor in a Leading Paint and Coating Manufacturing Company
- Administrative Manager at CapitalSage Technology Limited
- Administrative Officer at HRbreakoutRoom