The Federal High Court sitting in Yenagoa, the Bayelsa State capital on Thursday declared that the All Progressive Congress party has no governorship candidate in the state for the November 16th, 2019 governorship election.
READ ALSO: Still On The Bayelsa, Kogi Governorship Elections
The court pronounced that the governorship primary conducted by APC in Bayelsa was not done in compliance with the guidelines & the constitution of the party.
Recall that Heineken Lokpobiri, one of the governorship aspirants of APC had filed a case that the primary election conducted by the party didn’t follow its constitution.
The matter was decided this morning. Heineken had on Tuesday said he would not leave APC no matter the outcome of today’s judgement.
Nevertheless, the APC had appealed.
David Lyon will still run in next tomorrow’s poll pending final determination.
Vanguard Nigeria News
- Recent Vacancies at Glyde Lubricants Limited
- Employment Opportunities in a Leading Real Estate and Construction Company
- Latest Recruitment in a Top Class Private Hospital
- Current Vacancies at Prime Montessori School
- Job Vacancies at Wandel International Nigeria Limited
- Senior Associate – Capital Markets Accounting Advisory at PricewaterhouseCooper
- Career Opportunities at FHON Consulting