Exclusive: CCT shifts Walter Onnoghen’s fate till noon
The Code of Conduct Tribunal, CCT, has shifted judgment on Justice Walter Onnoghen’s alleged non-assets declaration from 9am till noon on Thursday.
Onnoghen had arrived the premises of the tribunal at about 8.40am ahead of the judgment.
Only two of his lawyers and a handful of his aides were seated in the courtroom when a court official announced the postponement at about 9am.
No member of the prosecution team was in court when the postponement was announced
None of them arrived as of the time of filing this report at about 9.11am.
Onnoghen had yet to step out of his vehicle as of the time the postponement was announced, Punch reports.
His convoy left the premises as soon as the information about the new development reached him.
The Chairman of the CCT, Danladi Umar, after the prosecution and the defence made closing arguments on Monday, specifically fixed judgment for 9am on Thursday, a departure from the usual 10am sitting time of the tribunal.
Onnoghen reportedly resigned on April 4, he was charged with alleged breaches of the Code of Conduct for Public Officers before the CCT on January 11, 2019, as a sitting CJN.
Specifically, the Federal Government, acting through the Code of Conduct Bureau, had on January 11, filed against Onnoghen, six counts, accusing him in the first count of failure to declare his assets to the bureau between June 2005 and December 14, 2016
JOBS RECOMMENDED 4 YOU
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services Limited
- Massive Recruitment at Oyo state civil service commission
- 2020 Massive Recruitment at The American University of Nigeria
- Ongoing Jobs Recruitment in a Reputable Plastic Manufacturing Company in Lagos
Subscribe to Wee Talk Naija via Email
From Wee Talk Naija
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s, they do not reflect the views of Wee Talk Naija. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
VIDEO OF THE MONTH: CORONA PALAVAR
MUST WATCH: AKPAN & ODUMA
- BREAKING!! Fresh Crisis Hits EFCC
- NDDC Fraud: Step Aside for Investigation — PDP Tells Akpabio
- Betta Edu Lauds UCTH For A Successful Complex Brain Surgery
- Edo 2020: Group Begs Buhari To Appoint Magu As Treasurer Of APC/Ize-Iyamu Campaign
- REVEALED!! Magu Failed To Submit EFCC Audited Accounts For Four Years
See more posts about
Share this post with your Friends on