Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello, has accused politicians of playing games with the lives of Nigerians amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
The governor was speaking on Thursday while playing host to the Board of Trustees of Sir Ahmadu Bello Memorial Foundation who paid him a courtesy call in his Lugard House office in Lokoja.
“Let us stop this game, Nigerians are suffering, instead of the lockdown with its attendant negative effects on the people, why can’t we turn it to employment opportunities, providing clothes for face masks to be imported to those countries who have the disease.
“COVID-19 is not a new disease in our climate, we have our own way of treating it, that is what we should be exploiting rather than subjecting our people to hardship, hunger, and starvation through the lockdown.”
He said that it was wrong for anyone to attribute the death of the late Chief Judge of Kogi State, Justice Nasir Ajana, to COVID-19 when he had been managing his health since 2016 adding that the complications that eventually led to his death were as a result of the inability to be attended to medically due to the lockdown.
“We know his medical history, he was my brother, we know we have been managing him since 2016 but this time, he was completely isolated, no one was allowed to even speak to him until he passed away, we cannot afford to be playing games with lives of Nigerians, this must stop,” Bello said.
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022