Check Out These Top Trending & National Stories:
BREAKING!! NDDC Contractors Surrenders Over 800M As EFCC Begins Manhunt
BREAKING!! FG Directs All Schools In Nigeria To Reopen
Oshiomhole Needs Serious Prayers — Doctor Confirmed
BREAKING!! Reps Member Dies In Plane Crashed
Immediate past National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Mr. Adams Oshiomhole, Monday gave an insight into why he lost his seat as the party’s chief superintendent.
Fielding questions when he featured on the Morning Show, the flagship breakfast programme of ARISE NEWS Channel, the broadcast arm of THISDAY Newspapers, Oshiomhole said he stepped on toes of powerful forces in the party, who, in a reprisal, engineered his ouster.
He, however, expressed no regrets over actions he took as APC national chairman, adding that if given a second chance, he would fight the same forces that removed him from office.
Oshiomhole was removed on June 16 after a Court of Appeal judgment ratified the verdict of an Abuja High Court that affirmed his suspension by his ward in Edo State.
His suspension had spawned a bitter leadership contest in APC that saw the emergence of three interim national chairmen within 48 hours.
However, President Muhammadu Buhari, in conjunction with other party leaders, moved in to arrest the party’s descent into the precipice by summoning a National Executive Committee (NEC) meeting of the party where the decision to dissolve the National Working Committee (NWC) of the party, headed by Oshiomhole before his suspension, was reached.
- Nigerian Navy Reference Hospitals Housemanship / Internship Programme 2020 / 2021
- Recent Job Vacancies in a Reputable Manufacturing Company
- Sterling Bank Plc Job Recruitment 2021
- Current Employment Opportunities at Konga Nigeria
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company
- Job Opportunities at the African Development Bank Group
- Ongoing recruitment in a Fast Rising Agro-Chemical Company