EXPOSITION: THE ILLEGALITY OF NANS EXCOS AND WHY THEY DON’T SPEAK FOR NIGERIAN STUDENTS
NANS as everybody is aware of means National Association of Nigerian Students and in accordance with Oxford Advanced Learners Dictionary, A pupil is a person who’s studying at a university or completely different place of higher coaching.
As such, we anticipate NANS administration to return from faculty college students presently studying nonetheless what we have are people who delay going for the compulsory National Youth Service to as so much as 5years in order to occupy NANS administration place and as such stopping current faculty college students from occupying such positions.
“According to NANS structure of demand, for undergraduates, you are a pupil until you go in your NYSC” nonetheless in accordance with frequent meaning of students, their definition is as faulty as might be imagined.
I was shocked as soon as I heard NANS writing to the Federal Government to be part of the negotiation between The FG and ASUU and I wanted to scrutinize the administration of NANS.
It was shocking that each one Major Exco in NANS often will not be faculty college students nonetheless one is tempted to ask
- Why are the entire excos of NANS not faculty college students nonetheless at school?
- Since this individuals will not be faculty college students, who gave non faculty college students the authority to speak for faculty college students?
- Can a labourer negotiate wages for a banker? Why are they negotiating with the federal authorities?
I’ve by no means study wherever of NANS administration meeting with ASUU to chart a strategy forward regarding the strike nonetheless they’re additional desirous about meeting the FG. Is the purported meeting for faculty college students or for themselves
They declare to fight for faculty college students nonetheless the ultimate time I heard about NANS standing on their toes and making their requires acknowledged was all through the navy regime. But this current crop, adorn their vehicles with NANS plate amount.
One is left perplexed attempting to decipher the availability of livelihood of graduated faculty college students who’ve neither gone for NYSC nor are working.
I’m a member of University of Nigeria Medical Students Association(UNMSA) and we have our National physique often called Nigeria Medical Students Association(NiMSA) and the members of these associations are strictly faculty college students who’re nonetheless at school and does not embrace these which can be seeking placement for his or her housemanship, you’ll be able to’t go for NYSC with out doing your entire housemanship.
Then why is that of NANS completely completely different?
I plead with President Buhari that this current crop of NANS do not characterize The Nigerian Students and as such shouldn’t be negotiated with or often called to the Negotiation desk.
And if our vehicles should get spoilt and we take it to the mechanic workshop, we do not negotiate with the apprentice with out the Express approval of the precept mechanic.
The FG should return to the meeting desk with ASUU and iron out their variations.
500 degree Med/Surg
University of Nigeria
VIDEO OF THE WEEK: SEX FOR GRADE IN NIGERIA
- BREAKING: Bride run mad during wedding after she duped another man with 1.7 million in Ekiti State
- FULL LIST: Cross River Governor makes fresh appointments
- Imo: Why is PDP and Ihedioha’s lawyer, Kanu Agabi asking for more time?
- FACTS YOU MUST KNOW!! Responding to a post by Governor Ben Ayade, Hon Bobby Ekpenyong Wrote..
- TRUE CONFESSION!! C’River is the most peaceful, safe, secure state in Nigeria — Fashim
See more posts about
Share this post with your Friends on