2019 was indeed phenomenonal as the people of Bakor witness first of its kind, an event that brought together people from the nine clans of Bakor under the same roof to be thrilled with extraordinary display of beauty, culture and entertainment as young maidens contest for FBLPA beauty pageant, the recognising and awarding of distinguish sons and daughters of Bakor including the posthumous award. The climax was the celebration of the Bakor New Yam Festival at Ofutop which witness dignitaries from all over the nation.
These activities had heightened the year for us in Bakor and the expectations for the 2020 was set as people look forward to another electrifying atmosphere of the Bakor New Yam Festival/FBLPA 2020.
While the team went back to work to improve on the delivery of FBLPA and the Bakor New Yam Festival, the world is struck with the deadly COVID 19.
The COVID 19 global pandemic has resulted to the enacting of Strict laws by the Federal government, preventing social gathering. This social distance warning and setback has prompted the Bakor traditional ruling council decision to skip the celebration of Bakor New Yam Festival 2020. By this decision also, we the organisers of Face of Bakor Beauty Pageant, Legends and Pillars award have decided to conform and comply with the decision of the mother union to skip the hosting of FBLPA 2020.
We regret any inconveniences this decision may cause and look forward FBLPA 2021.
We wish everyone to be safe throughout this period of global pandemic and pray for better opportunities in the coming months and year.
God bless you.
For: TEAM FBLPA.
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021