FALSE ALARM, MY HOME WAS NOT RAIDED BY EFCC – CJN
The Chief Justice of Nigeria, CJN, Justice Walter Onnoghen, has debunked media tales that his residence was on Tuesday, invaded by operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.
Justice Onnoghen whereas reacting to the report which has continued to understand traction in quite a lot of social media platforms, Senior Special Adviser to the CJN on media, Mr. Awassam Bassey, described it as a false alarm.
“I really don’t know where they got the information from. So many media men were here earlier with cameras over the same report. But what I can tell you for now is that there was no such thing. It is false news”
Meanwhile, many social media prospects that shared the story had attributed it to a publish that originated from the earlier Minister of Aviation, Chief Femi Fani-Kayode. Fani-Kayode had throughout the said publish, requested President Muhammadu Buhari to immediately title off EFCC from Onnoghen’s residence.
He wrote: “Why have the EFCC surrounded the home of CJN Onnoghen and why are they seeking to arrest him?
“These people want Nigeria to burn! Buhari call off your dogs before it is too late! “This is a democracy and not a gestapo state! In the name of God let this madness stop.”
- Kaduna State Government Recruitment 2020 / 2021 Volunteers – kdsg.gov.ng | See How to Apply
- Job for Graduate Retail Sales Executive at Sunu Assurances Nigeria Plc
- Job for Fleet & Logistics Manager at DRYVA Logistics
- Hot job for Milling Operator at Zee Rice – July 2020
- Current Job Recruitment for Bank Tellers in a Top Leading Mortgage Bank in Lagos
Subscribe to Wee Talk Naija via Email
From Wee Talk Naija
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s, they do not reflect the views of Wee Talk Naija. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
VIDEO OF THE MONTH: CORONA PALAVAR
MUST WATCH: AKPAN & ODUMA
- Edo: We Will Isolate Wike In An Isolation Centre, Before He Recovers, The Election Is Over — Ganduje
- BREAKING!! WAEC To Hold From August 4 To September 5, 2020 — FG
- Birthday: Blessing Egbara, A Quintessential Amazon — Dan Obo
- HAPPENING NOW!! Security Denies Journalists Entering As Panel Grills EFCC Boss In Aso Rock
- EXPOSED!! Akeredolu Didn’t Win 2016 Governorship Election — Resigned Ondo SSG
See more posts about
Share this post with your Friends on