The Chief Justice of Nigeria, CJN, Justice Walter Onnoghen, has debunked media tales that his residence was on Tuesday, invaded by operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.
Justice Onnoghen whereas reacting to the report which has continued to understand traction in quite a lot of social media platforms, Senior Special Adviser to the CJN on media, Mr. Awassam Bassey, described it as a false alarm.
“I really don’t know where they got the information from. So many media men were here earlier with cameras over the same report. But what I can tell you for now is that there was no such thing. It is false news”
Meanwhile, many social media prospects that shared the story had attributed it to a publish that originated from the earlier Minister of Aviation, Chief Femi Fani-Kayode. Fani-Kayode had throughout the said publish, requested President Muhammadu Buhari to immediately title off EFCC from Onnoghen’s residence.
He wrote: “Why have the EFCC surrounded the home of CJN Onnoghen and why are they seeking to arrest him?
“These people want Nigeria to burn! Buhari call off your dogs before it is too late! “This is a democracy and not a gestapo state! In the name of God let this madness stop.”
- BREAKING!! Fresh Crisis Looms In Rivers As Wike Asks LG Chairmen, Youths To Fish Out IPOB Members
- HOT! House-To-House Search Continues In Calabar As Police Arrest Mastermind of CICC Looting, Recover over 1,000 Chairs, Others
- HEALTH: Follow These Steps To Avoid Infections After A ‘Skin To Skin Sex’
- Update: Cross River Governor Reviews Curfew From 4pm To 8am Daily
- Hungry Policeman Caught On Camera Running Away With Looted COVID-19 Palliative (VIDEO)
- Job Vacancies at The Nigeria Union of Pensioners (NUP)
- Dangote Cement Plc Recruitment 2020 for Graduates [33 Positions ]
- Food Concepts Plc Management Graduate Trainee Recruitment ( Food concept Recruitment 2020 )
- Rivers State Ministry of Education Massive Recruitment 2020 for Teachers ( Real Madrid Football Academy Recruitment )
- Latest Job Opportunities at Total Secure Nigeria ( 3 Positions )