A father of two has lost his life in Akure, the Ondo State capital after drowning in a flood following a heavy downpour on Friday night.
The incident happened at Oke-Iya Area in Ijoka Quarters, Akure where the deceased, a commercial motorcyclist commonly known as ‘Okada rider’ was living with his family before his death.
The deceased corpse was discovered on Saturday morning by residents of the area who woke up to the horrific scene of the corpse of one of them who got drown in the flood
According to one of the landlords in the area, who craved anonymity, the deceased identified as Idowu Akomolafe got carried away with his motorcycle while trying to navigate the waters on his way home.
Meanwhile, residents of the area have blamed the sad incident on diversion of flood from streets within Ijoka due to ongoing road construction in the area.
The late Akomolafe in his mid-thirties was said to be married with two children as well as a landlord at Oke-Iya.
- Nigerian Navy Reference Hospitals Housemanship / Internship Programme 2020 / 2021
- Recent Job Vacancies in a Reputable Manufacturing Company
- Sterling Bank Plc Job Recruitment 2021
- Current Employment Opportunities at Konga Nigeria
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company
- Job Opportunities at the African Development Bank Group
- Ongoing recruitment in a Fast Rising Agro-Chemical Company