Fear As Nigerian Army Shuns Boko Haram, Sends 231 Tank Battalion From North-East To South-East Region
The security situation in the southeast has continued to get every peace-loving Nigerian perturbed. As it seems, many Nigerians are beginning to fret over the activities of unknown gunmen, ESN, and IPOB respectively. These outlaws have continued to cause havoc in the southeast region on daily basis. They have continued to attack and burn properties belonging to individuals and the government.
Although these groups have continued to cause havoc, the Nigerian army seems to have found a way of dealing with them now.
According to a report, the Nigerian army has on Wednesday sent reinforcement from the North-East to help fight agitators in the South-East region. The reinforcement team included the dreaded 231 Battalion. The 231 Battalion as of January 2021 was led by a southerner identified as Lt, Col. M.E. Obi, who is well versed with the terrain of the southeast region. It is however uncertain whether Col. Obi will be leading the battalion to the southeast again. Here is an extract from an interview , “Yes, some troops are moving from the North-East to the South-East as reinforcements. They started moving from Wednesday. Among them are those from the 231 Tank Battalion; they are believed to be more trained in quelling uprisings,” a top source confirmed, according to Smartzonas
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Kaduna State Ministry of Health Recruitment 2021