Fear Grips Atiku Camp, As PDP Governor-Elect Land In Court For Alleged N550m Fraud
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has filed a criminal charge against Bauchi State Governor-elect, Senator Bala Mohammed, at the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
In a case marked CR/177/17, the governor-elect is charged with accepting gratification in form of a house valued at N550 million on 2599 & 2600 Cadastral Zone, AO4 Asokoro District, Abuja, from Aso Savings & Loans Plc in 2014.
According to EFCC’s prosecuting counsel, Wahab Shittu, the alleged gratification was accepted as reward by Mohammed “for performing your official duties.”
The offence, EFCC said, contravened Section 18 (b) of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Act 2000. It is punishable under Section 18 (d).
Among the six-count charge, the governor-elect made a false statement to an EFCC investigating officer, Ishaya Dauda, that he acquired the Cadastral Zone property through a mortgage facility from Aso Savings & Loans.
Mohammed was also accused of failing to make full disclosure of his property at 54, Mike Akhigbe Street, Jabi, Abuja, in the course of filing his asset declaration form at the EFCC.
The commission said the offence is contrary to Section 27 (3) (a) of the EFCC (Establishment) Act 2004 and punishable under Section 27 (3) (c).
The prosecution also accused Mohammed of failing to declare a property on Agwan Sarki Kaduna in Kaduna State.
EFCC said the governor-elect made a false declaration that a property on CITEC Kwara House 5, AP Street, Mbora, Abuja belongs to him.
The commission said the property actually belongs to Abubakar Abdu Mohammed.
EFCC said Mohammed, in 2014, “did use your office and position to confer corrupt and undue advantage upon your associates by allocating four numbers of fully detached duplexes and eleven numbers semi-detached duplexes valued at N314million only through the Presidential Tax Force on Sale of Government Houses to them…”
The offence contravenes Section 19 of the ICPC Act 2000.
Mohammed of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) defeated incumbent Governor Mohammed Abubakar of the All Progressives (APC) in the last elections.
Source from the Daily Post.
- Kaduna State Government Recruitment 2020 / 2021 Volunteers – kdsg.gov.ng | See How to Apply
- Job for Graduate Retail Sales Executive at Sunu Assurances Nigeria Plc
- Job for Fleet & Logistics Manager at DRYVA Logistics
- Hot job for Milling Operator at Zee Rice – July 2020
- Current Job Recruitment for Bank Tellers in a Top Leading Mortgage Bank in Lagos
Subscribe to Wee Talk Naija via Email
From Wee Talk Naija
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s, they do not reflect the views of Wee Talk Naija. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
VIDEO OF THE MONTH: CORONA PALAVAR
MUST WATCH: AKPAN & ODUMA
- Edo: We Will Isolate Wike In An Isolation Centre, Before He Recovers, The Election Is Over — Ganduje
- BREAKING!! WAEC To Hold From August 4 To September 5, 2020 — FG
- Birthday: Blessing Egbara, A Quintessential Amazon — Dan Obo
- HAPPENING NOW!! Security Denies Journalists Entering As Panel Grills EFCC Boss In Aso Rock
- EXPOSED!! Akeredolu Didn’t Win 2016 Governorship Election — Resigned Ondo SSG
See more posts about
Share this post with your Friends on