Fear grips Niger Deltans as President Buhari orders audit of NDDC from 2001 to 2019
President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday ordered a forensic audit of the operations of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) from 2001 to 2019.
The President was worried by the persistent criticisms of the operations of the NDDC.
Buhari gave the directive while receiving governors of the states that make up the Commission led by Governor Seriake Dickson of Bayelsa State.
In a statement by the Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Chief Femi Adesina, Buhari said what is on the ground in the South south region does not justify the huge resources that have been made available to the organisation.
“I try to follow the Act setting up these institutions especially the NDDC. With the amount of money that the Federal Government has religiously allocated to the NDDC, we will like to see the results on the ground; those that are responsible for that have to explain certain issues.
“The projects said to have been done must be verifiable. You just cannot say you spent so much billions and when the place is visited, one cannot see the structures that have been done.
“The consultants must also prove that they are competent, “the President said.
Buhari admitted that developing the Niger Delta area required enormous resources compared to other parts of the country with firmer lands.
“I am acutely aware, with my experience, that projects in your area are very expensive; that is why if any job is given, we must make sure that the company is competent and has the capacity to do it well with experienced consultants,” the President added.
He however said that he would wait for the report of the audit before deciding on the next line of action regarding the organisation.
Dickson expressed the disappointment of other governors with the operations of the NDDC, which they said was characterised by poor choice of projects, shoddy handling, uncompleted jobs and lack of the required support for the efforts of the states and local government administration in the region covered by the organisation.
He called for the repositioning of the NDDC in order to achieve the objectives for which it was set up.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Job Vacancies at Giant Beverages Limited
- Cross River State Government Recruitment 2020/2021 Application Form Portal | www.crossriverstate.gov.ng
- Jobs in Nigeria 2020 at Tizeti Network Limited (Wifi.com.ng)
- Jobs in Nigeria at Weststar Vehicle Care Limited [ 8 positions 14 Slots ]
- Olam Nigeria Limited 2020 Nationwide Graduate Recruitment
JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE Recruitment 2020 for Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff
- Lagos State Government Health Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 for Graduates
- Oyo State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) 2020 Massive Recruitment/
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services LLimite
- JUST IN!! Another Victory For Obaseki As Edo Chiefs, Elders Reject Oshiomhole’s Pleas, Urge Ize-Iyamu To Try Out His Luck At Guber Poll
- BREAKING!! Trouble Looms In Nigeria As Akpabio Finally Released Names Of Lawmakers Who Collected NDDC Contracts (FULL LIST)
- Cross River Govt Flag Off 2020 Hepatitis Week
- C/River Govt Proposes N147.130Billion For 2020 Amended Budget
- Buhari Names Major Railway Stations After Saraki, Tinubu, Others
Share this post with your Friends on