Story written by our correspondent
The Federal Executive Council (FEC) has approved a sum of N13.9billion to states affected by quelea birds to purchase insecticides.
Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Sabo Nanono, disclosed this on Wednesday when he addressed State House correspondents.
He spoke after the council meeting chaired by President Muhammadu Buhari.
The minister explained that the money also covers the purchase of drugs for the treatment of animal diseases like rabies.
“We had one memorandum from the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and that was on pest control, animal diseases like rabies, lungs and liver diseases as well as Quelea birds, especially in the Northeastern part of the country.
“There are 12 frontline states that are being affected by Quelea birds, grasshoppers and those that have been pestering us”, he said.
- Recent Vacancies at Glyde Lubricants Limited
- Employment Opportunities in a Leading Real Estate and Construction Company
- Latest Recruitment in a Top Class Private Hospital
- Current Vacancies at Prime Montessori School
- Job Vacancies at Wandel International Nigeria Limited
- Senior Associate – Capital Markets Accounting Advisory at PricewaterhouseCooper
- Career Opportunities at FHON Consulting