A 52-year-old old female pastor, Charity Okpara, was on Wednesday arraigned before an Ikeja Chief Magistrates’ Court for alleged theft of a four-month-old baby girl from her church member, Mrs blessing Okon.
Okpara is facing a four-count charge bordering on conspiracy, unlawful abduction and child trafficking before Chief Magistrate Mrs Bola Osunsanmi.
Prosecuting ASP Ezekiel Ayorinde told the court that Okpara committed the offences with others still at large on November 5 at No 5 Kayode Street, Ajangbadi, Okokomaiko, Lagos.
ASP Ayorinde alleged that the defendant stole the four-month-old baby, Princess Oluchi, from her mother through fraudulent means.
He said that all efforts made to locate the baby proved abortive.
Chief Magistrate Osunsanmi, granted her bail in the sum of N200,000 with two sureties in like sum.
The case continues on February 24.
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line
- Customer Success Executive at Interswitch Group